Friday, April 16, 2010

New Diet, Mermaid Run 5K, Health

Hey everyone!

So after what seems like countless doctor's appointments this week - I am going to have a minor surgery on May 28th. If you want to know all of the details, I surely do not mind telling you about it in person or email form, but don't want to publicize it here. Nothing too bad, but just something to prevent things from getting worse with my Crohn's in the future.

That being said, I have been recommended to purchase and read the book Breaking the Vicious Cycle
It has helped many, many people with Crohn's Disease and many other intestinal diseases live symptom free lives. I have been studying and researching the diet this book discusses, the Specific Carbohydrate Diet, for a few days now. Although it seems that it will be hard to follow at first, I definitely feel that the benefits outweigh the cost. I am thinking about starting it on Monday. GULP!
I will keep everyone updated with how this is going.

I have been doing runs in the gym this week because I have been sooo busy! The runs have been good - not too challenging though. I think that running outside is more challenging for me because its harder to stick to any one pace the entire time, and allows me to really push myself out of my comfort zone throughout the run. Hills also make outdoor runs more challenging :) I have a 5K run tomorrow morning - the Mermaid Run in Mountain View

Other than that, there really isn't too much going on thats worth writing about. Work has been busy, but great! Im learning more and more about the management side of a health and fitness department of a gym :) My lovely boyfriend is taking me out to brunch tomorrow after my race. Tomorrow evening him and I are meeting up with another couple and going DANCING in the later evening! We havent made the time to go out and do that in a while, so I'm really looking forward to it!

Alright, well time to head to the Sports Basement and pick up my race packet, goody bag and t-shirt for the race tomorrow!! Cant wait to tell you how it goes - i'll take pictures as well!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kathryn! Sorry we didn't meet up today! I should have gotten your number ahead of time. Did you have fun? They had such CUTE stuff for the Mermaid race! The mini Mermaids were so adorable! I thought the weather was perfect for running but I probably ate like 20 bugs! haha I gave up after awhile.

    I'm sure I will see you before the surgery but def keep us updated. Always think good thoughts and pray for you.

    I'm glad boyfriend took you out to brunch! You deserve it you official Mermaid woman! ;)

    See you soon!

    ReplyDelete