Monday, March 22, 2010

Run, Run, Run..

So here's to my first blog posting ever... Cheers!

Last week I signed up for Team Challenge - A training program through the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America to raise money to find a cure for both Crohn's and Colitis. They train you to run a half marathon. Ours happens to be July 19th from Napa to Sonoma. :) I CANT WAIT!

So I've decided to keep everyone updated on my training and how everything is going, every step of the way toward my goal to run the half marathon in July as well as raising $2,600 for CCFA. So far, I've reached 32% of my goal with $840.00!! I think I've only had my online donation website up for 3 days now too - not bad!! It definitely helps that I have super supportive family and friends! (Thanks everyone!!)

I got so excited about this training program that I started pushing myself a little bit harder and farther on my individual runs this weekend. I ran 4 miles on Saturday at 10:40 pace, and 3 miles on Sunday at 9:40 pace. Then I proceeded to join the track team that I coach (Palo Alto Lightning) with their workout Sunday evening.

I FELT GREAT! But, today my left achillis tendon is really tender. Guess I'd better not go so "gung-ho" all at once. I, of all people, should practice what I preach to my personal training clients at the gym "slow and steady at first, and only increase by 5% per week". Oopsies. I guess I'd rather get this little set back now for a couple days, rather than continue to push myself and ignore my body and get seriously injured.

So as I type, I am kicking my feet up in the recliner with an ice pack around my foot, watching Dr. Phil (guilty pleasure).

Tomorrow, we officially kick off our Team Challenge training with an evening of wine, appetizers and time to meet our coach, mentor, honoree and teammates. My fellowship coordinator, and dear friend, Michelle Ohara is signing up tomorrow night and will join me on this journey for the next 16 weeks with Team Challenge. Our first group run is this Saturday at 9:30am.

I got up at 4AM this morning for work, and am coaching track tonight at 6PM. That equates to a nice long shower and nap in my near future :)

No comments:

Post a Comment