Saturday, March 27, 2010

Achilles: Healed!

So I mentioned in a previous blog that my left achilles was really tender because of mindlessly training without rest three days in a row. Well, I am happy to say that I am completely, 100 percent healed! I ran 3.5 miles on Thursday, but not without slight discomfort. Today I have a three mile run for our Team Challenge training schedule and it should be a fantastic run - plus its a beautiful day!

It is exciting to see progress in my running this early! I can run for 45 minutes straight without feeling fatigue in my legs, or feel as if I am out of breath. I can hold a conversation the entire time - a mini success story for myself already. I figure if nothing else, this helps build my motivation to stick with it and keep on truckin' :)

My college track team, Portland State University has been in Palo Alto all week for the Stanford Invitational. It has been a fantastic time hanging out with my former teammates and coaches. My friend, and co-instructor for our running club at the Y, and I are going to the invitational to watch a few events today after I get off work. I stopped by yesterday and watched the men's javelin and women's shotput. Portland State made me proud :)

I am happy to say that since April of last year I have lost a total of 15 lbs. My goal is to lose 10 more pounds while embarking on this Team Challenge journey to run the Napa to Sonoma 1/2 marathon! I will keep you posted on this!

No comments:

Post a Comment