Saturday, May 8, 2010

Noticeable Progress :)





Today was a great, great, GREAT running day! We ran 7 miles at Sawyer Camp Trail with my Team Challenge Group. It was a beautiful morning, and early enough to keep you cool throughout the entire run. I realized that running with a group not only makes time go by faster, but it also pushes you to keep going and keep a constant pace. We finished in 1 hour and 11 minutes - just over an 10 minute mile average. WOW. Three or four weeks ago, I would have never imagined that I would have made this sort of progress over the period of one month.

I am very, very close to reaching my Team Challenge fundraising goal of $2,600. I am currently at $2,050. Only $550.00 more!!

Tomorrow morning I have the Running of the Bulls 5K here in Palo Alto. My goal is to beat my best time of 28:39. Seeing how my running has progressed over the past month since this PR time, I think it is a definite possibility to get a time of 27:00flat. It will be a push, but I think I can do it!

I will keep you posted on the results..

It is going to be a busy week ahead, but I am still going to aim to get 20 miles in for the week, including 4 miles on Tues and Thurs, 8 miles on Saturday and 4 miles next Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment